According to James:
“To summarize the evening: We were transported to the plane of death. Xana got grabbed by a weird skeleton tree that seemed like it used to be a person. A couple of ghouls and a ghast (that we didn’t recognize as such) showed up and dug around in the ground and trees and pulled huge maggots with human faces out of them. We absolutely didn’t question that at all and followed them to a bazaar, since if we tried to wander on our own we would’ve certainly died. In the bazaar, the leader wanted us to kill a shadow demon merchant who had stiffed him on a deal as repayment for leading us to the bazaar, so we did so and looted the place. We then went to the flesh-carvers hut, and in exchange for the knowledge of where they get their fresh meat, we gave them the shadow demon’s large tent. We then were led to a huge pit of black tar that had bodies of strange creatures with slit throats bubbling in it, and after a blood sacrifice, it turned into water that we swam through and emerged into a temple thing.”
- You don’t know them as ghouls or ghasts: they’re “Dream-hunters” and “Dead-eaters.”
- The Dead-eater’s name is Hamantu.
- Someone asked where the larvae come from. Hamantu said, “The shades diminish and lose their memories, reducing them to larvae. In time the larvae metamorphose and leave this place.”
- The Shadow Demon’s name was Izdraal.
- You forgot Esau, the crow-headed gatekeeper!
- You never learned the flesh-carver’s names.
- Someone mentioned that if you wanted “information,” you needed to talk to “Soundbox.” Nobody did.
- Several people mentioned “the management.” No one asked what that meant.
- “Braawk! The rules of the bazaar! One – all sales are final, no returns! Two – let the buyer beware! Three – vengeance for petty insults is encouraged, vengeance for bad products is forbidden!”
- It wasn’t a pit of tar, it was a pool of tar (it had tiling).
- There was a sculpture on the wall of the quarry with writing in Old Andwynyon. It showed someone being sacrificed, two pyramids opposite one another, and two standing figures in regalia, one human and one skeletal.
+ 375 xp (Combat)
+ 250 xp (Roleplaying)
+ 125 xp (Exploration)
= 3,565 / 6,500
When the PCs next return to safety to rest and train, they may reach level 4.
5 Shadow Discs (Sword, Bow, Staff, Dragon, Dog)
2 Potions of Animal Empathy
Bag of Offal (I have no idea why you picked this up, it smells terrible)
From Izdraal’s stash:
Small Vial of Perfume
Painted Glass Ring
Fine Leather Boots