- PCs emerge from strange pit of tar.
- PCs explore strange Andwynyon ruins.
- Find hidden tomb behind alcove, large scaled monster attacks from inside sarcophagus.
- Fight group of wights inside abandoned shrine.
- Find exit to surface, see that the ruins are sunken into a salt marsh.
- Seagulls say that “fish-catchers” are south of current location; warns of “sky gator” living in ruins.
- Xana, Gillian, and Andarssac discuss going back into ruins for strange box on shine altar; Aerendyl and Vargas start leaving through the swamp.
- While arguing at doors, a black dragon swoops out of broken dome and confronts Xana, Gillian, and Andarssac. They give some treasure, but not enough to satisfy the dragon; it tries to abduct Gillian, who runs back into the ruins and leaves a smoke cloud with his ever-smoking bottle.
- The dragon knocks out Xana and Andarssac and carries them back to its lair, while Aerendyl and Vargas choose to continue south to safety, and Gillian hides in the empty sarcophagus.
- The Andwynyon word for yes is “wae”, and the word for no is “tón.”
+ 640 xp (Combat)
+ 250 xp (Roleplaying)
+ 125 xp (Exploration)
= 4,580 / 6,500
When the PCs next return to safety to rest and train, they may reach level 4.
? Most of the treasure was taken by the black dragon
248 Turquoise/copper coins
“Winged” Bronze Helmet
“Eagle” Bronze Breastplate
Tarnished bronze punching dagger